Wednesday, 3 January 2007

Behold the Face of a Monster!

In February, 2004, Brian Cherry was murdered in his Walthamstow flat.

When police officers arrived at Brian's flat they found his body and a psychiatric patient who had discharged himself from Newham General Hospital just hours before his body was discovered. The walls and floor of Brian's flat were covered in blood and his body had been dismembered.

When the police entered the kitchen, they found a human brain in a frying pan. A senior police source said:

"One real possibility is that the body was being cut up and prepared for a meal. The brain was being fried in a pan on the hob when officers raided the flat. There are aspects of the Mental Health Act which are being addressed. Cannibalism is a motive that cannot be overlooked at this time."
Later, East London and the City Mental Health Trust confirmed that unemployed black man, Peter Bryan, had been an in-patient at Newham General Hospital.

11 years before Peter Bryan killed Brian Cherry he battered a teenage girl to death with a hammer and was sent a medium secure unit at Homerton Hospital. A little while later he was sent on to the more relaxed environment of the Riverside House Residential Care Home in Seven Sisters.

By September 2000, he was deemed well enough to be allowed escorted leave within the grounds and, in January 2002, Bryan convinced a mental health tribunal he was safe to be released. He was granted a conditional discharge under long term supervision and was housed in a hostel from where he could come and go more or less as he pleased.

Leading up to this developement, a social worker by the name of Roland Silcott, who was Bryan's key worker for 18 months, wrote three letters to the Home Office saying the killer seemed to have made a full recovery. He asked government officials and mental health experts to free Bryan because he was convinced that he posed no threat to the public.

In November 2003, a psychiatrist recommended Bryan should be given his own accommodation. In February, 2004, however, Bryan's condition seemed to be deteriorating once again and he was admitted to the Newham Mental Health Centre.

Just seven days later doctors agreed that he was no danger to the public and could have has much leave as he wanted. So he left and he4 killed Brian Cherry soon afterwards.

On 25 April 2004, whilst he was detained in Broadmoor for killing Brian, Peter Bryan attacked Richard Loudwell, a fellow patient. Loudwell died on 5 June. Judge Giles Forrester said:

"You killed on these last two occasions because it gave you a thrill and a feeling of power when you ate flesh. The violence on each occasion was extreme and unpredictable, accompanied by bizarre and sexual overtones."
Aftab Jafferjee, prosecuting, said:

"The last two killings have taken place in a two-month period when, on each occasion, the defendant was under the care of the mental health regime, which has manifestly failed to protect the public... the inability of experts to detect when he is at his most dangerous and his desire to cannibalise his victims make him uniquely dangerous."
Bryan was convicted of manslaughter and jailed for life.

Peter Bryan's father, Frank, said:

"I'm so hurt. You cannot imagine how it feels for a parent to hear that your son is suspected of murder."
Three times, Frank.

Your son has been 'suspected of murder' on at least three occasions. And he did it every time.

You've been 'so hurt' three times, Frank. Not as hurt as Brian Cherry, Richard Loudwell and that teenage girl, though, I hope you'll give us that.

The East London and City Mental Health Trust launched an independent inquiry into the treatment of Peter Bryan and said:

"The decision to allow an individual to have leave from a ward setting would be based on observation and assessment ... by a variety of professionals."
So that's alright then.

Roland Silcott was the social worker deemed most responsible for releasing Peter Bryan back into the community.

I wonder whether he is any relation to Winston Silcott, whom we are now assured did not kill PC Trevor Blakelock in 1985.

Winston Silcott's conviction for this murder was overturned on appeal. The Metropolitan Police, subsequently, gave him £50,000 and the Home Office bunged him a further £17,000 for the poor, little lamb's 'ordeal' in prison. This, despite the fact that Silcott DID stab 24-year-old Anthony Smith to death in 1984.

PC Keith Blakelock's widow, Elizabeth, said:

"It is upsetting and insulting that he has received this money. It is disgraceful and I feel it is completely wrong."
Unlike Silcott, the families of the victims of the 7/7 bombings were offered just £10,000 compensation.

If Roland and Winston Silcott are related, Winston is following in the family tradition of social work. As of August 2005, he was working with his erstwhile adversaries 'in an effort to cut youth crime in north London,' as the BBC put it.

He is now helping the Met run a youth centre on the Broadwater Farm Estate 'to keep children off the streets.'

To prevent them turning into Winstons, one presumes.

Behold the face of a monster:
In December 2005, the nutcase pictured above complained to the authorities regarding his treatment at the mental hospital where he was confined.

He had asked for the traditional Christmas dinner, which he and the other inmates were due to be served, to be set aside in his case.

Bryan wanted his turkey replaced with a dish of BRAINS.

No comments:

Post a comment